Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Obama Has Signed the Bill. Now What?

Most of the major provisions in the health care legislation do not take effect for months, if not years.

Even some popular changes that Democrats are promoting as “immediate benefits,” like allowing adult dependent children to remain on their parents’ insurance policies, do not actually take effect for six months.

But when President Obama signed the Senate bill into law at the White House on Tuesday morning, some provisions took effect immediately.

Read more....

COMMENTS:

Liz
Seattle
March 23rd, 2010
12:15 pm

Seems like nobody can really figure out what this bill will actually do and when. The reports are so confusing. I support the president wholeheartedly in his efforts and I guess I'm glad about this because he's glad, but in the end I will admit I am very uncertain what we just passed and whether it resembles the original intent at all. I am taking Obama at his word that this is a good thing, but the inability to get solid details on the bill is troubling.
That's all right, Liz. As long as Obama is glad, we can all be glad, can't we?


No comments: